Merger, anyone?

The Russian government wants to bring two Moscow airports together under a single management
Sheremetyevo’s third runway will be built north-west to the airport
Sheremetyevo’s third runway will be built north-west to the airport (upper left part of the picture)
Источник:
: AIR TRANSPORT
Подробно об авторе:
Ekaterina Sorokovaya
Теги:
Article, English

Inspired by the resumed growth in air passenger traffic figures, the Russian government has started making plans for further development of Moscow’s airport infrastructure. The idea to merge two of the capital’s three major airports, announced this spring, is aimed at increasing their throughput. Both Sheremetyevo and Vnukovo are owned by government structures; putting them together would produce Russia’s largest airport.
Sheremetyevo handled 19.3 million passengers in 2010 or 31% up on the previous year. Vnukovo had a passenger flow of 9.5 million, 22.4% more than the year before. But privately-owned Domode­dovo remains the largest airport both in Moscow and all of Russia. Last year it handled 22.3 million passengers — an increase of 19.2% year-on-year and the highest result in the airport’s history.

Speaking at a cabinet meeting this spring, Prime Minister Vladimir Putin proposed merging Sheremetyevo and Vnukovo and subsequently having them privatized as a single entity. At present the Moscow city administration holds 75% in Vnukovo (the remaining 25% is owned by the management company Vnukovo-Invest); Sheremetyevo is fully owned by the federal government.

Понравился материал?

Подпишитесь на дайджест "Главное за неделю" от ATO.RU и не пропустите ничего важного!
Авторские материалы из первых рук в вашем почтовом ящике!

Подписавшись на бюллетень и заполнив данные о себе, вы можете принять участие в розыгрыше призов или получать эксклюзивный анализ авиаперевозок от ATO.RU!
Бюллетень "Главное за неделю":


Тематические бюллетени ATO.RU >>

Google предполагает, что вам это будет интересно

Больше аналитики читайте в журнале
"Авиатранспортное обозрение"
№201, июль-август 2019
Читать на iPhone/iPad
Читать на Android

Календарь ATO Events

25-26 сентября 2019 г., г. Москва
12 ноября 2019 г., г. Москва
Профессионалы отрасли используют
Ежегодник АТО - 2019
Тенденции, цифры, факты
Приглашаем зарегистрироваться или войти на сайт под своим именем, что позволит вам:
  • проводить поиск по всему архиву материалов (с 2003 года)
  • осуществлять расширенный поиск с указанием желаемых тегов, авторов, событий и т. п.
2019 © Авиатранспортное обозрение
Мобильная версия сайта - mobix1.ru

Некоммерческое использование материалов сайта ATO.ru (в том числе цитирование и сокращенное изложение) разрешается при условии размещения прямой ссылки на цитируемый материал или на главную страницу www.ato.ru. Любое коммерческое использование, а также перепечатка материалов возможны только с письменного разрешения редакции.